Sunday, May 17, 2009

Muffin


I've got a positive attitude. After living with my family for 10 years, they decided they didn't want me anymore. But you know what, I bet there's a more loving family out there that will appreciate all my good qualities. In the meantime, I'm going to try my best to enjoy life in the shelter. I like other cats, so I play with them all, young and old. I lived with a dog before and they're ok too. And, of course, I humans are great! The food is pretty good here, and the volunteers and visitors give me attention. It could be worse. I could be in a home that doesn't want me anymore.

I don't want to forget to tell you about my purr. I get soooo excited when I am being petted that my purr gets higher and higher until it's almost a chirp. I bet if you petted me a really long time it would go up so high only dogs could hear it.

You're probably doing the math, thinking if I was in a home for 10 years, just how old am I. Well, I was born in 1996, but I've had many friends who have lived to their early 20s so hopefully I've still got quite a few years left. Don't they say people with positive attitudes live longer?

If you're trying to be polite and not ask about the spot above my eye that doesn't have much hair, let me explain to save any embarassment. I had a big bump over my eye. The vet removed it and the fur is in the process of growing back. I think the vet did a very good job. It didn't bother me at all, but the people at the shelter figured no one would want to adopt a cat that looked like Elephant Man. BTW, it won't grow back, I don't need meds, and it was a benign growth. Now that that's out of the way, why don't you stop by the shelter and visit me. Check out our website for hours and location: http://www.animalaidpdx.org/ .


No comments:

Post a Comment