Saturday, July 4, 2009

Abby


I don't know why I've been at Animal Aid for so long. It's been almost 2 1/2 years. People say I'm pretty. I'm a Norwegian Forest and Maine Coon Cat mix. I'm declawed too and some people like that. But when it comes down to adopting me, no one seems to connect. I suppose there are times I don't make as good an impression as I might. Maybe another cat just pounced on me (remember I don't have claws to defend myself) and I decide I want to go somewhere to hide. Even though the volunteers try to make it feel like home at the shelter, the fact is there are 20+ other cats in the room with me.

So enough whining! Let me tell you about all my good points. I love to play. The cat dancer is my favorite. It's a wire with bits of paper at the end that moves like a fly. It's a challenging game and I like that. String toys are good too. Even though I don't have claws, I can still catch them pretty well.

And I'm affectionate too. I like to flirt and will touch your face with my paws or maybe come over close and give you a little sniff or kiss. I do a good flop-and-roll and dare you to tickle my tummy. I will make muffins for you and brush up against your legs.

Yes, I'm a bit quirky. I like to drink out of the faucet -- it tastes so much better! And I chew on plastic shopping bags. I can't tell you why I do it, but I do.

I suppose I would prefer to be an only cat, but if you already have a laid back kitty at home, we could probably work it out. But I'm scared of dogs and little kids.

So, what do you think? Would you like to adopt me?

No comments:

Post a Comment